[ Examinate ]CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: Circus - Britney Spears
I had a pretty interesting talk with my dad the other day.
The moment he called for me and asked me to sit with him while he's having breakfast, I already knew something big was up. And just when I thought Joachin moving to Japan on the 21st (for good, meaning less chance for us of seeing him again. Or at least, it wont be as frequent and as easy as it used to be) was the biggest, and probably most depressing news I'd get this week. Apparently, I was wrong.
He asked me to sit with him only to tell me that he thinks I have manic-depressive disorder.
In normal people's terms, bipolar.
My first reaction was, of course, a laugh. A loud, sarcastic, that-is-the-silliest-thing-i've-ever-hea
He even told me the incident that triggered the thought; it was about last week when my brother went over for lunch and seeing as my dad was busy as hell I did the honor to prepare the meal. And my brother, being a taunting, ungrateful turd that he is, started insulting the food I prepared. And I know he was half joking, but I got pissed off nonetheless and threw his plate, telling him to fuck off and eat somewhere else. My brother, being all used to how I am, took it as a laughing matter but my dad, sadly took it all as srs bsns. O___O
After that, he told me that he started observing me; the way I get all hyper one day and wake up as early as 6 in the morning just to nag him about what lunch will be and how there were also days when I'd stay in bed till 2 in the afternoon were a little too fishy for normal (it was insane how dad still clings into that tiny glint, almost-nonexistent hope that I am normal). Also when I lost my tummy meds just the day before that, he claimed to see me rummaging all over my things like a wild bunnie only to tuck my knees and sandwich my head between my fists when I couldn't find it. Actually, I remember him yelling at me that day, making a huge fuzz about my actions, but I was just like "But that's how I think." o___O; And it's true, whenever I'm confused I'd sit down and concentrate. Why he's bitching about something that had been considered normal for me, that I dont know.
I asked him if he knows what manic-depressive means and of course, an insufferable know-it-all like himself would never dare admit he doesn't. And although what he said kind of made sense, it was still implausible in the way that manic depressive can only be diagnosed or concluded basing on the person's natural behavior. And the last time I checked, I've been this way eversince I can remember, and it's either this is the normal me, or I've been suffering from MDD my whole life, which is pretty much unlikely. I even explained to him the whole concept of the disorder and even sighted some examples. But of course, mighty ol' dad being his usual self will never admit that a psych major knows alot more of the condition than him, thus resorting to just yelling at me and threatening me to send me to a shrink.
Seriously, I have the weirdest dad ever. (.____.)
Anyways, besides that nothing really happened. Well, of course dad wont still get off my back and I can soo feel him observing me every damn time, which is funny. What I think is that he's using me as displacement object because he, himself is severely depressed that Joachin is leaving. After all, we all are.
I am happy for him, he'll be with his mom like he always dreamed of but for some reason, when dad broke the news it felt alot heavier than I thought it would. I guess it'll just take some time to get used to being the youngest in the family again. Not that he's completely vanishing anyway, but with how dad's been acting (he refused Joachin's request of staying over this week, for the last time) I think he's completely giving him away.
It was painful to watch, actually. *sighs*
And uh, I honestly don't know how to end this entry. *scratches head*
ラベル: fuckery fuck fuck, lolwhuuut, shit happens, this is srs bsns, useless worthless babblings





my baby shot me down.







